Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A Strange Occurrence

A couple of times a week I have to catch a particular train for work. In order to do that I have to drive through a village that is apparently one of the most haunted in the county. I’ve never really paid a lot of attention to that before but something happened yesterday that has never happened before to me in quite the same manner.

I was driving along, through the village and was nearly out of it. There is an old cottage with a thatched roof that one year was memorable because it had a thatched spider on top of it. It was a cold but sunny morning and there was condensation on my car when I first started it. But just at the point going through the village near the old cottage the temperature must have dived really suddenly because in a matter of seconds my windows and wing mirrors went from crystal clear to opaque with condensation. It was so sudden I almost began to panic until I realised it was external and I could use my wipers. My wing mirrors took several minutes to clear.

I just it was very odd to experience that sudden drop. Although it could be explained scientifically I’ve no doubt, part of me is susceptible to the notion of the supernatural having some kind of effect. Especially in old villages with probably some unsavoury history.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

Oooohhh! Yes, I sort of like the spooky explanations to things...as long as they aren't TOO spooky.

Right now, when I drive towards the sun, I can't see out my windshield very well, but that is because it desperately needs to be washed :-)

Tara said...

Ooo weird! That must have been incredibly eerie for you! You should take photos the next time you through that particular village. It would be interesting to see what develops in the photos! Then get in the car and quickly drive off. :)

Sometimes I still feel cold drafts when I'm not even close to windows or doors. I can shrug them off, but I still wonder about them.

FW said...

LB: I enjoy the paranormal mysteries in life! Mysterious invisible hands draw smilies in the dust on my car ;)

Tara: Those drafts are creepy aren't they? I know what you mean