Sunday, January 09, 2011

Eye Test…New Specs are in the Offing

I went for a routine eye test today. I am short-sighted and have worn glasses since I was a teenager. My eyes are in good health and my prescription has changed only very slightly. My current glasses are 3 years old, so it is time to change them. I went for quite a radical visual change of style last time and it felt good to change my appearance a little. I’m not sure what sort of style to go for now. There is an offer of buy one pair get one free, so I may go with a mix of one pair quite visually strong and another pair that are more conservative.

4 comments:

Tara said...

That's a good idea to mix the pairs! It's fun to have variety, especially with something you have to wear everyday.

I have prescription sunglasses, but I have no idea where they are in my apartment.

laura b. said...

I agree, having a plain and a fancy pair sounds ideal :-)

I have never worn glasses, but I keep saying I better get in for some reading specs. It just seems to come with age. sigh.

FW said...

Tara: That's funny because I also have a pair of prescription sunglasses somewhere in the house that I can't find!

LB: If you've never worn glasses before and only have them for reading, it's probably going to feel a bit weird for a while.

SteveH76 said...

I would very much concur with Tara with regards to mixing the pairs. I have been wearing prescription glasses since my early 20's and always have had a conservative pair of sunglasses as well as a fun pair. I change my glasses every 2-3 years, but always retain my old glasses in case they go missing in my house!