Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Video Call of the Future

Here we go again. Another week and it's mid-week. Goes by fast enough doesn't it? Your born. You live a bit. You work a lot. You die. It's stark but true.
I'm currently away from home on business. I did manage to successfully have a video-call through Skype with my daughter this evening, which was quite exciting. It does make a big difference when you can see the person you are talking to. I don't think I really appreciated that as much before tonight. I've used video-phone style technology for work but when comparing it for work use against use for personal reasons, I feel it becomes so much more important to see the person at the other end in a personal call. It means a lot. That was just through Skype, so I can only imagine how great Apple Facetime calling must be - you do need two iPhone 4s for that, which is the downside. I heard something about Apple bringing out a new iPhone this year. I love mine, I feel like I've wasted a few years not getting one before. That's the problem when new stuff just seems so damned expensive that it puts you off.
Anyway, I hope the rest of the week goes well for you all.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I am a bit older than you and off and on I become bone chillingly aware of how quickly it goes.

I'm so glad you had a nice video chat with your daughter! Things like that are what make the hassles of technology so well worth it.

FW said...

LB: It definitely made me feel closer to home. I agree, sometimes the smallest thing in computing terms can seem like a miracle