Saturday, February 12, 2011

Egypt

The whole Egyptian popular revolt thing kind of escaped me I’m afraid, I mean up until this week I knew there was unrest but I didn’t really sit and watch the news. So I had no idea of the political analysis of the situation. It’s a shame in a way that I am so dumb when it comes to international affairs. I don’t really think there is any excuse for my ignorance, there are so many channels for news these days.

Well now that President Mubarak has been ousted from power after 30 years perhaps someone else can do better, 30 years is such a long time for one man to have that kind of power. It had to come to an end at some point. Shame he held on too long that he was no longer welcome. I hope for the citizens of Egypt and all the children there that a new peace can shine on the land. Such a beautiful country that is so so important historically to mankind.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I understand most international situations in only the most superficial ways. Makes me feel foolish when my kids ask me questions.

Anonymous said...

don't feel to bad, I didn't follow it completly either.