Monday, February 28, 2011

End of my long weekend

Well, these are the final minutes of my long weekend. I finished work last Thursday and haven’t done any work since then, at least not physically but I have thought about it. It is strange how thoughts of work occupy nearly all of my waking moments even if I don’t want it to and also it seems a waste of life to have my thoughts filled with something that I know is totally inconsequential to my life outside of work. A lot of my work is “of the moment”, by which I mean it is about small details that get passed between teams and that are important while they are important but are not necessarily things to get wound up about in and of themselves. Work seems just like a succession of these things, each quickly forgotten when they have been used.

No comments: