Sunday, February 06, 2011

Indiana Jones

My son is a big fan of Indiana Jones and who can blame him? I think the films are an excellent set of adventure stories and Indiana is a true hero. Today I watched the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with my boy and it has something of a reputation for being one of the weaker films in the series. Having watched it properly though, I am not so sure about that. There is still a good proportion of action and mystical adventure. My son likes it and while it probably isn’t my favourite, it is still a pretty great adventure ride for a Sunday morning.

My son is interested in aliens and alien abduction at the moment. I remember my brother being interested in UFOs and the unexplained in the 1970s. I used to own quite a number of paperback books about UFOs – handed down to me from my brother. Including the works of Eric von Daniken, I thought Chariots of the Gods was very interesting. I’m a little more sceptical as an adult now though and I think science has come a long way since the sixties.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Recently my daughter, my youngest son and I were watching an old Unsolved Mysteries about UFOs. It is kind of unlikely, as presented, but still a bit spine tingling for some reason.

Tara said...

Can your son take scary, sci fi movies? I just watched "The Fourth Kind" a few weeks ago. Creepy stuff, it gave me chills.

I love the Indiana Jones movies. "Raiders of the Lost Arc" and "The Last Crusade" were my favorites.