Sunday, February 06, 2011

Gary Moore RIP

I learned this evening that Gary Moore was pronounced dead today. He died apparently whilst in his sleep on holiday in Spain. He was a great guitarist, one of the best. I first heard of Gary Moore back in the eighties. I loved the Out In The Fields era. The first song I really remember hearing from him was Shapes of Things, a track that made me think this band is special. I don't know much about the track but I have a strong feeling that I heard once it was a cover of someone else's song.

2 comments:

Glenn Robles said...

Shapes of Things was a Yardbirds tune. I love the Gary Moore version - he really attacked the solo and did a great job of "reshaping" a classic. I am sorry to hear of his passing. Too soon indeed.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That is very sad.. unfortunately his name doesn't ring any bells for me.. Was he in any gropus that I might recognize?