Monday, May 28, 2012

Morning rush

How quickly can you get ready to leave the house? How difficult would you find it if you had to leave the house in 15 minutes from waking up?

I would be terrible. I have my rituals in a morning, one thing I always have to do is make a cup of coffee. Even if I don't have time to drink it, I always at least have a few sips. Next I always have to make my son's lunchbox up that he takes to school. After that I can start to get myself together. I need at least 45 minutes to do everything but I like to take longer. In the past I could get ready earlier but now I don't think I could rush it. I hate rushing in general.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

If I had to get children going too, no way would 15 minutes work. Nowadays, I could do it if I had to...but it is unsettling to start the day rushing.

Tara said...

Due to oversleeping on a few occasions, I have been through the rush of getting out of bed and on my way to work. Usually when I'm in a rush, some little thing will slow me down, like a run in some hose or my favorite outfit appearing too wrinkled to wear to work.

Then once I'm out and about, I get stuck behind someone who's lost and taking their time looking for a house address, so they're going 20 miles an hour on a 35 mile street.

FW said...

LB: I'm impressed that you could do it! I would let myself down I think. But like you, it's a certainty that 15 minutes and children is just not possible.

Tara: Don't those little things just annoy the hell out of you? They do for me. It can be the stupidest things like someone not holding a door open or missing a lift (elevator) by seconds or even traffic lights changing to red. All of them seem designed to make you late.