Sunday, February 24, 2013

David Shrigley

I was in the library this week and noticed a book on one of the display shelves, it was an art book by an artist called David Shrigley. I haven't seen the work of this artist before. I found out a little more about the artist and it turns out he is only very slightly younger than I, by a few weeks but we were born the same year. I was intrigued by his art and his sense of humour. I like the idea of compiling a book based on drawings and the volume of his work is impressive. I realise the art is not to everyone's taste - I guess some may say it's not very professional looking. That's true to some extent but is it any less worthy for it? What is art anyway? The sister blog to this one (Dinkums and Doodles) contains some drawings you might like, if you like this style.


3 comments:

Tara said...

That sounds like an interesting book of sketches!

I need to start drawing again. I drew something a few weeks ago in a frustrated frenzy.

laura b. said...

I like your art, FW...and Tara's too!

FW said...

Tara: yes, me too, I don't know why I don't when I enjoy it so much.

LB: Aw thanks! :-)