Tuesday, February 05, 2013

R.I.P. Reg Presley

Reg Presley
I was saddened today to see the news that Reg Presley has passed away. In some ways, The Troggs have been very influential in the development of British music. Their reputation always seemed to precede them. Their version of Wild Thing was something I liked to singalong to as a kid and it remains one of the first great guitar chord sequences for rock beginners to play and enjoy. They have enjoyed a bit of a come back in recent years with cover versions of some of their songs, the main one being Love Is All Around. Personally, I don't like the song all that much but I've found this version on You Tube and I think it's a good one.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Aw, I loved their song "Wild Thing"! Rest in peace, Mr. Presley.

FW said...

It's a classic song isn't it? I was always slightly amused his surname was the same as The King's. And yet The Troggs were so less well known.