Friday, April 26, 2013

O'Brien's

While I was in Belfast in Northern Ireland last weekend, a few of us in our group went to a cafecalled O'Brien's for a little afternoon snackette. The food was totally amazing. I wasn't hungry enough for a freshly made sandwich but I did order a slice of Banoffee Pie. It was so yummy and thick I couldn't wait to take a few mouthfuls before I realised I should capture a photo of it and post it here. There was a little cream on the side that just blended with the pie so well. The memory of that pie will stay with me for a long time!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oo, that looks like caramel on top of that pie! Yummy. I love it when food is so good that it sticks in our memory.

laura b. said...

I had to look up just what banoffie pie is made up of. Now that I know, and have seen your photo, I must have some. I must.

FW said...

Tara: Yes, it's great to remember the food we love isn't it?

LB: I first heard of Banoffee Pie when a girl I knew was making it with her mum when I visited her. She was crazy about it and I can see why. You must try making it at home yourself.