Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weekend away

My daughter and I spent last weekend in Belfast, Northern Ireland. We were attending the open judo championships there, like we did last year. This year there were more from our club attending and we all had an enjoyable time. We all stayed in the same hotel, so that was good as well. Flying back on Sunday, we caught a late flight and didn't get home until midnight, so I'm still fighting the tiredness that the travelling has brought me. I did take Monday off, so I had a bit of a rest - I still had to get the kids to school, do some grocery shopping, mow the grass and cook supper for the family. At least I didn't have to work though. The supper I cooked was good - boiled new potatoes, roast chicken breast, greens, Brussels sprouts, sweetcorn, fried bacon lardons and pine nuts. Crushed black pepper on the top and some English mustard on the side.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh wow, that dinner sounds wonderful!

Grocery shopping seems to be more enjoyable when you can do it on a day off, but I like to get in and get out as fast as possible.

I'd love to travel to Ireland, Scotland and England. Someday I will!

laura b. said...

How nice for you and your daughter to have an outing together. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves.
Also, that dinner does sound delicious!

FW said...

Tara: I know what you mean about getting in and out fast, I don't like shopping for groceries to take too long. We do a mixture of online and physical shopping. Yep, the meal was a great way to end the day.

LB: Yes, it was nice to spend a bit of time together. I don't get the chance to spend that much time with her on a normal week.