Monday, May 05, 2014

Eurovision Song Contest - 5 days to go

It is coming soon. It is the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 and it will take place in Copenhagen on Saturday 10th May. I love getting in some alcoholic drinks, some snacks and sitting down to watch the Eurovision Song Contest. I print off the scorecard every year and score each act. That's taking it a bit far I know but it makes it slightly more entertaining than just watching the songs and the boring scoring. The scoring in the last 10 years or so has been so boring because UK never gets any points, well not enough to be a serious contender anyway. Even so, I watch in the hope that one year the UK may achieve the impossible and win it.
I've only heard the UK entry once so far. It's not a song I would go and buy but I can tell it's a catchy tune and to me it sounded more like the kind of song that I would expect to hear in the contest. It's performed by a young lady called Molly, I hope she does well. She's the most attractive person we've had performing in a while. But because most of the UK entries just disappear, the acts who perform the songs seem to fade away as well. We've had Andy Abrams, Blue, Bonnie Tyler and Engelbert Humperdink each do a turn but to no avail. Come on the UK!

No comments: