Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

In a few hours time it will midnight and as it's the 31st December today this means that the midnight hour will see the transition of 2014 into 2015. I wonder what 2015 will bring us? The year just ending has been an eventful one. I expect that 2015 will see no let up in the pace of change. I feel as though I should write some kind of "year in review" post. I don't know though, it might just remind me of some of the things I'd rather forget about the year.
This New Year's Eve will be a quiet one for us. We haven't been invited anywhere and we haven't invited anyone else round. So it might come to pass that this year we don't even stay up until midnight. I don't know for definite but it could turn out that way.
The weather outside is cold but dry. It's below freezing but there is no snow on the ground. The nights still seem to get dark. I haven't even bothered to get dressed outside of my pyjamas and dressing gown today.
A couple of days ago I went for my first run. As a result, I have noticed that my back has started to stiffen. I still feel some stiffness so I have decided not to run today and rest for another day. I will try and go for a run tomorrow if my back has recovered some more. It's better today than it was yesterday.
I wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year!!

No comments: