Thursday, August 13, 2015

Football season starts

Last weekend saw the start of the 2015-16 football season. I caught a bus on Saturday with my son and even the bus driver spontaneously said how much he was looking forward to the football season starting. It's weird the affection this country has for football. My team, West Brom, lost their opening game at home on Monday night this week to Manchester City (one of the richest clubs in the game, if not the richest). We lost 3-nil. But Arsenal also lost their opening game, so my team sits at the very bottom of the table and Arsenal are the next team above us. I should think Arsenal will be doing all they can to win their game on Saturday.
While I visited my mom last week I had a look in the West Brom shop at Merry Hill Shopping Centre, the new football shirts for this season are almost £50. I decided not to buy one, just too much money sadly for an armchair fan like me.


No comments: