Friday, August 14, 2015

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Today I watched the film Resident Evil Afterlife. It was familiar to me as I think I've watched part of it before. The film feels like a series of staged sequences rather than having a strong narrative. This is a danger with a massive franchise. Milla Jovovich makes a good job of playing the part of Alice, her performance makes the film. Claire Redfield is played by Ali Larter who also gives a strong performance with the material to hand. There is probably more action than dialogue in this film. The dialogue that does exist is fairly cringe-worthy. One sequence presents a huge zombie wielding a huge hammer/axe weapon. It is not explained. I dislike the aesthetics of the zombies whose faces split apart. I guess that is just one of the trademarks of the film's special effects though.


No comments: