Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm so glad it's Friday!

Friday's work is over at last and I can begin the process of coming out of work mode. It'll probably take me most of the time I have off to get over being at work. Just when I've done that I'll have to return. But still, I don't want that to grump me down.

I was walking up the road for my last session with the counsellor and I just turned my head in time to notice a cyclist coming up from behind. He went around me but he didn't ring a bell and he was on a pavement. This happens quite often, I hate it. I hate the fact that people ride bikes on pavements. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that people use bikes rather than cars its just that cyclists are very vocal about their rights on the road - so they should respect pedestrians rights on the pavement. A couple of weeks ago I was walking back from town and about 5 small kids on bikes cycled past again on the pavement but very erratically. If I was an old person, unsteady on my legs, it would have been very scary. One of the little brats shouted "Scuse!" as if I should have to step aside to let him past, he gets 1 point for alerting me to his presence but -5 points for his bad manners. I've a mind to run the next cyclist I encounter when I'm in my car off their bike!

Someone at work has really got me wound up. I have had to stop myself from sending an email with my true feelings in it. I want to object to what they're doing but it's not my area of work anymore. I hate it though because I can see something I've worked on just being poured down the drain. It stinks that I haven't even been consulted. There are good ways to do things and bad ways. When someone comes in from outside and makes decisions without consulting people who understand more than they do, I think it's arrogant and bad for business. I hope someone does the same to them.

I don't think I'll get a chance to do any blogging or read anybody's blog until near the end of next week. I'll miss you guys, but my eyes have gone to shit recently. I could probably use the break from the screen. See you next week, my friends.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Oh you're going to the beach, right? That'll help clear the workplace webs from your thoughts and I really hope that the relaxing days go nice and easy and that you and your family have a very good time. We'll miss you, but your R & R comes first so we'll cope. :)

FW said...

Thanks very much T, I'll no doubt think of some great things to blog about and then forget them as soon as I sit down to blog when I get back. C'est la vie!

AlienCG said...

First of all, Furtive, you need to carry a stick with you when you walk. If a rude cyclist passes by, act quickly and put it the spokes.

I know what it's like to have my work trashed after working so hard on it. At one of my previous workplaces, I had spent three months working on a project. Once it was all finished and I had created my presentation, management decided to cancel that line and my work went to waste.

Clear your mind and come back refreshed. Relax and enjoy yourself.

FW said...

Thanks, I'll do my best to enjoy the break from it all!