Saturday, September 02, 2006

Back From Hols

I've returned from my holiday and have almost recovered! We all had a great time, the stay at the B and B was good and the people there were really friendly and nice to us. We were very lucky with the weather because end of August can be very wet but this time all of the days we were away were nice and sunny, there was some breeze but for the days we were on the beach it was hot, sunny and generally very pleasant. I can only stand so much beach time, so I'm glad everyone was happy to do something different on the last day. My wife doesn't want photos of the kids up on the net so that kind of restricts what I can show of our holiday but here are a few. The wooden frog sculpture was in the middle of a maze in this enormous adventure park calle Moors Valley Park and the beach shots are of Bournemouth beach - I don't know if they convey this but the beaches were fairly empty, clean and very pleasant. I'm happy we went when we did, I think we'd all like to go back and do some other stuff as there is so much to do. We walked several miles each day and my legs are still aching a bit. The nice thing about this holiday is that I feel like I've been away plus I have the added bonus of not having to return to work until Thursday. Yippee!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 comments:

mojotek said...

I understand your wife's issue with putting your young 'uns on the net, but I'm glad you could post the beach pics. Looks like you had wonderful weather!

FW said...

The weather was fine, the sea was a bit cold to swim in but some people were out there braving it.

Tara said...

Welcome back! When I retire or if I win lots of money, I think I'd like to own a Bed & Breakfast. My family and I had the opportunity of staying in one in Austin, Texas. Loved it there, and the lady who made us breakfast was an excellent cook.
After a few days we were the only family there, so we had the backyard gazeebo all to ourselves.

I love the beach photos, FW! I wish I was sitting on the beach right now..Well, or at least wait till afternoon because it's a little chilly this morning. :D

FW said...

I hope you get to run the B&B of your dreams some day! Sounds like a nice dream to have. I wish I was back on the beach, I think we'll stay there next year too. Getting up and eating a breakfast you don't have to cook or wash up after is so great!!

FW said...

It's been a nice break from work but now I'm feeling queasy about going back to it. First day back is usually the worst I guess, I'll know after tomorrow.

Ryan said...

Prrrrrrrettyyyyyy.

FW said...

Yeah, the beach was lovely and we stayed just five minutes walk away.