Monday, August 24, 2009

Back in the saddle

We had a great time away in Boscombe. I didn't take as many photographs as I thought I would and what I have shot is spread between my digital camera, video camcorder and cameraphone. Our apartment was at the top of a big house, so we had a few stairs to climb and their was a slightly odd smell to the room with the double bed my wife and I shared. Other than that it was pleasant. The town itself was the same as I remember but the beach was fantastic. Lots of sand, so we just set up wind breaks and lazed around watching and playing with the kids as they built castles or buried themselves. The fresh sea water was exhilarating to say the least! I only managed waist-depth before getting too chilly, surprising since the air temperature was hot and the sun was blazing. My daughter managed to enjoy herself in the water with her inflatable.
Now I'm back I miss having all the time to do other stuff. Instead work again takes priority. Gloom!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Welcome back, I'm glad the beach was so nice, in spite of the cold water! That's always a shock to the skin and senses.

FW said...

Thanks! good to be back :-)

laura b. said...

Nice to see you. It is sooo hard going back to work after a holiday. Only one more day on mine :-(

FW said...

I hope you managed to re-enter routine without too much of a struggle.