Monday, August 24, 2009

Cameraphone

I wanted to blog about the phenomenon that is the cameraphone or mobile phone with camera. They are very common these days, even low priced phones seem to offer the built in camera. Whilst the quality of the lens doesn't really compare to an average digital camera , the cameraphone does offer the advantage of being one multi-functional device that is small enough to keep in a small pocket. For me it allows me to take snaps of the average everyday stuff that I would normally not have any record of. Things like how I looked on a certain day, how long my hair was, whether I was clean shaven or not and how I'm aging month by month. Other things can be recorded too, like points in a routine journey. There is something about being about to quickly record something seemingly quite trivial at the time yet with age gains something. Maybe I'm talking rubbish. If I were to take my digital camera out with me I might have some better photos but it's not always the photographic quality I'm looking to capture. Does this make any sense? Maybe some examples would help...

 

Ok so not the greatest examples but over the last few years I've owned a cameraphone I've collected over 600 snapshots.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I have been taking pictures exclusively with my camera phone for some time now...and mine is particularly bad. Yours looks like it does a very nice job!

FW said...

It's reasonable as a snapshot camera I agree - no complaints. I didn't realise all your photos were from a cameraphone - they look so good!