Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Hobbit

I'm reading this book to my children on a frequent basis as their bedtime story with dad. I have to admit to probably enjoying it more than they are but what a great storyteller Tolkien is. I'd love to write a story as well as that.
It's the film noir season on TV and the channel we watch a lot is showing some old black and white American film noir films from the 50s. I love watching old films, they just have so much character and charm. Great actors too, classics like James Stewart. We're also watching some of the old Doctor films with Dirk Bogarde, good clean fun.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Oh yeah, the Hobbit is great fun I think. How sweet that you guys share that time together reading.

FW said...

I'm a bit stop-start with bedtime reading, some weeks are better than others. I have found that they settle down better at bedtime after I have read to them, so it has benefits.