Sunday, September 04, 2011

Back to school week

Posting this using Blogger's new user interface. It's very clean and simple so gets a thumbs up on that score.

This week my kids go back to school. My daughter starts at her new school on Tuesday. I'm going to be around on Tuesday but I work away from home for a couple of days. I find this difficult as I'd really like to be around for her for a few weeks, but working from home a couple of days is already a luxury I have: guess I can't push my luck too far!

I feel like this time of year signals the run up to Christmas. Programmes like X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing and that ilk are all starting their run up to Christmas, so that they can pull in advertisers. My sons birthday is in a few weeks and a month after that it's Halloween, then Bonfire Night. That's when the dark mornings and dark evenings kick in.

We got our heating sorted last week. It gets warm really quick, that might be because it is already warm enough though! We are having a lot of rain but it isn't too cold with it.

I have a couple of days off tomorrow and Tuesday, I'm pretty glad about that.

I'm starting to think about Christmas.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I like Blogger's new interface too.

I hope your daughter enjoys her new school. It is nice that you can work at home at least a bit.

Please don't mention Christmas. I'm not ready to face that gauntlet just yet ;-)

FW said...

LB: Thanks, homeworking works for some of the time and other times not. I like being with other people and at times it can feel too distant. Other times it works well, when you have the time to think.

I am sorry for mentioning the C word! It is much too premature ;-)