Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snowy

well, the weekend started for my children at about 11am on Friday. we received a text to tell us that their school was closing due to the snow. I was working from home so popped out to go get them. I took their Wellington boots because at the time of their leaving it was dry and cold. Certainly different to that after a couple hours of snow. It is surprising how fast the snow covers the ground. It's been snowing most of the weekend and is now quite deep.
I bought a plastic sledge for the kids on Saturday, I was wondering if they would get to use it but the snow has continued to fall. My daughter was out with it early this morning playing with her friend, while my son went round to his friend's house to play Mine craft and Skylanders.
I'm grateful that I don't have to travel by car to do my job. It doesn't look as though the snow is going to be leaving us very quickly. The weather is going to be below freezing all week.

3 comments:

Tara said...

We have both a "Lake Effect Warning" and a "Wind Chill Advisory" going on at the moment. I can certainly deal with the single-digit temps, but driving in the snow can be frustrating.

laura b. said...

I've never lived where it snows. I'm always fascinated by the thought of how it changes daily life!

FW said...

Tara: Wow, you have it all don't you! I can drive in most weathers but if I can help it snow and thick fog are conditions I would do anything to avoid driving in. Sometimes it is unfortunately not possible to avoid.

LB: Really? You have to give it a go, it makes life interesting!