Saturday, January 26, 2013

Transformers/Star Trek

Friday and Saturday evenings this week I have spent watching the recent big budget Transformers movies. The special effects are something pretty special it has to be said. That goes for both films. The second movie, Dark of the Moon, however feels like it has the pacing wrong. It started okay but the second half lost its way I think. I managed to watch it all the way through but it was a bit of a struggle. Of course, having Rosie Huntington-Whitely and Megan Fox as leading ladies helps keep the interest going too, but I'd take the first film over the second every time.
The other film I watched last night was Star Trek Nemesis. It wasn't as good as I was hoping for. I can't exactly put my finger on it but sometimes the transition from TV to film feels wrong. I've always enjoyed Star Trek as made for TV episodes. The films have been okay but not what I would favour. Anyway, it's been good watching these films even if I thought the pacing was off.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I haven't seen any of the "Transformers" movies, but I did see "Star Trek: Nemesis". Shinzon, the clone of Captain Picard, was played by Tom Hardy, who also played Bane in the last "Batman" movie.

FW said...

Tara: Interesting, I didn't know that. I admit, I didn't find Shinzon very menacing. To me, he just seemed to mince around in a strop most of the time. It isn't going to be my favourite Star Trek movie.