Sunday, May 27, 2007

Kids laughter

My kids are in the bath at the moment upstairs, they're laughing at Home Alone 2. It's playing on my personal DVD player perched on a stool (it's ok, on battery power). We started watching it during dinner and just this once we've let them watch it while they bath just before bedtime. I love their laughter, its so infectious.

We had a great day today, despite it being really wet and cold. We visited a railway exhibition and a motor museum - photos to follow.

Our washing machine just tripped out the power. Everytime we switch it on, the power trips. It's seven years old now and had been getting louder and louder. It reaches the same volume level as a jumbo jet taking off from Heathrow Airport - I'm surprised the neighbours haven't been around to complain. I guess 7 years is a good long time for a washing machine these days - especially considering how much it is used with two adults and two kids.

3 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I would love to see the railway exhibtion pics..My hubby is into model railroading..I love hearing kids laugh.. it is so heartwarming to hear.. and infectious

FW said...

Unfortunately photography was not allowed but the models were excellent and packed with lots of amazing little details. I inherited a model railway from my father in-law but have yet to get it up and running.

laura b. said...

There is nothing like the sound of your children laughing. A pure pleasure.
One of my sad little dreams is to get an industrial sort of washer and dryer. I do at minimum two loads per day. Ugh.