Monday, May 28, 2007

Motor Museum photos

Here are some photos I took at the motor museum with my cameraphone, I didn't take many at all. The model in question is a Hillman Imp: a car I've never owned, driven or been in and yet I do have some affection for the design. There were lots of much earlier vehicles on display, including Brum (the kids love Brum), and the resemblance of some of them to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was noted. I love those old cars, they're actually quite small and very sparse inside. I like the long bonnets and big headlamps that are mounted on the body rather than being an integral part of the car and I like the fact that there was a much greater mix of other road users (horse drawn carts, cyclists, etc.) - ah those must have been the days...






2 comments:

laura b. said...

I had never heard of a Hillman Imp, but what a cute little car!

FW said...

L.B.: I like them too!