Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wargaming

I have a bit of a yearning to get into wargaming. I like the thought of buying, glueing, painting the miniature soldiers and then creating the landscape and scenery in which to fight battles. Will anything come of this idea? I don't know. I am reading a Warhammer 40,000 graphic novel at the moment and am enjoying it. I even went into a Games Workshop hobby store at the weekend and the guy in there was really friendly and helpful - he showed me how to play a quick skirmish game and it seemed like good fun. It would be a nice, social hobby for me and the kids. The reason we were visiting a games store like this is that my daughter has entered a competition to design a small 3D garden - so we were visiting model stores for ideas and materials like shrubs or foliage. The guy at the store was so helpful I think I might write to their HQ and tell them how helpful and friendly the staff were.

4 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Hooby stores are great for finding those items you need.. Have fun gmaing and let us know how the project goes.. Love to see some pics when it's all done..

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

hobby..oops

Tara said...

That sounds like a fun project, FW!

We'd have to create little scenes in shoe boxes for history class. I never found an interest in it as much as my parents did when they were allowed to help, but now that I remember the little details we'd put in there, it sounds fun!

FW said...

Babybull40: I haven't invested in them yet but I'll certainly post some photos if this gets off the ground.

Tara: It's funny how I appreciate the small detailed touches now, I'm sure its only since I've had kids and how they point out details and find delight in them that I've started enjoying things like this.