Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day 2009

Well, Christmas was a brief affair but good while it lasted. There is a heap of litter now in rubbish sacks. Every family member has their own pile of presents that there isn't room in the house for. I have loads of washing up to do, my least favourite chore. I've had afternoon naps infront of the TV the last two days after eating large Christmas lunches with a couple of glasses of wine. I blame my napping on the wine.
This morning my son asked me to help paint a picture with him, he got a superhero painting set as a stocking present. We started it together but he got bored really quickly and I just carried on with it. I scanned it in when it was dry (it was a watercolour) and will post it on here as soon as I can get a chance, it doesn't all fit on the scanner so he might be missing a toe or something. I like watercolour painting but have never really done it seriously.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I'm glad you continued with the painting, those can be so fun.

Christmas was a frenzy for us too. All that time spent wrapping presents....gone. Lol.

I hope you had a great holiday!

FW said...

Tara: Yep, it was good. But I can't believe there are only like 4days until the New Year.

laura b. said...

I remember when my kids were smaller how much STUFF they accumulated at Christmas and birthdays. Incredible.

I'm glad you did some painting and enjoyed it. Hope to see it soon :-)

I feel like the last four days or so have been intensely food based. I am quite ready for a break from all these large meals.

FW said...

L.B.: I know what you mean about the food. I feel like I've put on 7 pounds in the last four days.