Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmas tree time

Yes, that time of year again. Our tree and lights are now up and I feel a little more festive. I also found out last night that our Wii isn't actually in storage but in its box on the shelf in the lounge. Funny that I've seen the box but assumed it was empty just because my wife said it was. I think she just said that at the time we were talking about a house move before Christmas. That's not happening now, so she's let up a little.
Well, December is racing along as it usually does. We actually went shopping for a few final presents yesterday and my goodness! It was incredibly packed. We thought we'd get there early (tills open from 11am but "browsing time" means some stores open before that). We actually got there at about 10:30 or maybe just before. As it was Sunday, there wasn't much food left in the house so we decided to have a Macdonald's breakfast: it was rammed! We had to find a seat upstairs because it was just so noisy and busy downstairs.
We lasted a couple of hours and even split up to save a bit of time. Then we were all done-in, exhasuted.
I drove home, went upstairs and then fell asleep on the bed for a couple of hours. During which my wife went out again to get a few final items from the local shops. Upshot of the day was that we think we've got most of what we need for this year.
Last night we watched Batman Begins on TV. I haven't seen that film for over a year but I do enjoy it.

3 comments:

Tara said...

That's probably one of the only things I don't care for about Christmas - going out into the crowds to shop. I think last year I did all my shopping online. I'm going to save money this year and look for the most affordable stuff.

Congrats on the tree! Did you get a live one?

laura b. said...

I have thought about Christmas shopping quite a bit, but haven't actually done any yet. I have big plans for this Friday when I am off, though. It is nice to hear that you are through and can relax a bit :-)

FW said...

Tara: Shopping online is much less stressful. My shopping stamina is normally low (unless it's for books, films or videogames) but the hoards make it much lower.
L.B.: I hope your shopping this weekend was a success. I've still a few things to get, as usual I find something I forgot.