Sunday, December 27, 2009

The wretched shopping

Ventured to the shopping mall today and regretted it. It was probably quieter than Saturday but even so, I'd had enough after an hour. I went mainly for my son, who was just desperate to spend the money gifts he was given by some friends and family members. He bought some of the new Lego Power Miners kits, which are quite good I must admit, and a videogame for the Wii (Pokemon Battle Revolution). I picked up a couple of games that were reduced in the sale too but when I got home I looked up some reviews and one of the games is supposed to be a total turkey but sometimes reviews are misleading and I've had great times when the reviews said that I wouldn't. At least it was nowhere near the cost of full price and I can always do a trade in, if I don't like it. After the mall we called into the hypermarket and I picked up a bottle of "cuarenta y tres" as a birthday present for my mother-inlaw, I've enjoyed a few glasses of this liqueur in a Spanish bar with collegues from work and I think it's a delightful drink.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

I don't ever really enjoy shopping. At this time of year it is particularly unappealing, yet necessary. My youngest son had money burning a hole in his pocket too. *sigh*

Tara said...

I like the discounted Wii games. They are marked a little under 20 dollars. I wish all of the games were that cheap.

The next Wii game I want to buy is the Super Mario Brothers game.

FW said...

L.B.: I prefer to shop alone. I find it too frustrating when I shop with other people, even my own family. And yet we tend to go shopping altogether. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Tara: I only discovered that our Wii wasn't in storage by accident recently. There are lots of good games but my local game store seems to run out of stock pretty quickly, which may not be a bad thing on my pocket!