Monday, June 25, 2012

Jacket or shirt?

In the current climate of hot weather wearing thin summer clothes seems an obvious decision. BUT! The wind can suddenly pick up and be quite chilly, especially if you are in a shady place that doesn't really warm up. With air conditioning in public areas there isn't much temperature control we can exert and some places can be very chilled. It's worse when you know you will have to traverse very hot and very cold areas during the day. What would you decide: wear just a shirt and accept you might be cold or wear a jacket too, knowing you might get a bit hot and sweaty.
I know removing a jacket might be the obvious answer but you have then to carry it around with you and have to remember to pick it up again if you put it down anywhere. If you also carry a bag you have to decide whether to put it in the bag or perhaps its a smart jacket and putting it in a bag would crumple it. You know that carrying a jacket and a bag in the hot weather is just going to tie up your hands and make them sweaty.
Today, I'm wearing a shirt and trousers but even though the forecast is good I reckon I might be cold at some point. I have a long walk to and from the office though so that will probably negate the cold.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I tend to end up being cold at some point. I don't like carrying around a jacket...or I forget to bring a jacket. But in nice weather I am okay with having a little cold time.

FW said...

LB: Yes, I quite like the difference in temperatures, my one bugbear is having to carry more than I need so I'd rather be little cold some of the time for the advantage of not having to lug additional clothing around.