Saturday, June 23, 2012

New family members

One of the promises we made the children was that after we moved we would get them cats. Well, it's been 11 months and we have finally sorted out the necessary and two new kittens are now installed.


They are both quite playful with each other, so much so that it's difficult to get a photo they move about so much. They like to climb the scratching post and jump onto the windowsill to get a view out to the garden but they're not allowed out yet. They're pretty adorable though, I didn't think I'd be quite as smitten as I am with them. I'd better get back to them actually, so more photos will no doubt follow, watch this space...

4 comments:

laura b. said...

Oh, aren't they sweet! What are their names?
We aren't permitted pets at my apartment, but I miss having a cat. To me, they are the perfect pet.

FW said...

LB: I've never owned a cat as a pet before. The children wanted to name them, so we have a Zuzu and an Iggy - both female. They learn fast, that's for sure.

Tara said...

Aww, such cute little kittens! That was a good idea to get two; they'll keep each other company and double the trouble. Hehe. What are their names?

FW said...

Hi Tara: Yeah, they do keeo each other company! They run around like crazy at times, we've called them Iggy and Zuzu.