Sunday, December 08, 2013

Early Christmas Tree

Last Saturday I was asked to fetch the Advent calendars down from the loft, so while I was there I also got the Christmas tree down along with the decorations. Last year we bought a new artificial tree. We don't normally put the tree up so early but my wife and I spent last Sunday afternoon putting it up. She wasn't going to decorate it but then decided she might as well. It looks great, I should have taken a picture, maybe I'll post one later.
I like the smell of a real Christmas tree in the house but I must admit an artificial one is probably much better economically and so much less messy. I might buy a pine air freshener for the room!

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Up until four or five years ago, we always got a live tree. There is something cool about that, but the little artificial tree I have now is so much easier and just as pretty.

FW said...

I know what you mean. It's harder to justify a real tree these days when you figure the cost and the clear up.