Sunday, December 29, 2013

Prizewinner at Christmas

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas! Mine was great, filled with good food and good company. We ate and drank so much it was incredible. But now that the festivities are almost over my thoughts turn to blogging once more and there is something I must tell you.

The week before my final week at work I bought five raffle tickets, I don't know why but probably because I was hoping to win the first prize of a Nexus 7 tablet. I already own a Nexus 7 tablet but it's the first version rather than the latest one. I'd also said to the person coming around with the bucket earlier in the day that I'd buy one later. So these two reasons were in my mind when I bought 5 tickets. After that I completely forgot about the raffle, expecting that my money would go to the charities selected and nothing more would come of it. But I was pleasantly wrong about that. At the beginning of my last week at work I received an email to say that I should collect my prize. I wasn't told at that point what the prize was but I replied with a comment that I was amazed to win anything - expecting it to be some chocolates or something else minor. Infact it turns out that I had won the second prize, which was: OMG, a Blu Ray DVD player! Fantastic!
I still can't quite believe that I won something so good. I have it set up in our living room to replace the aging DVD player we have in their. It works great and is so cool. It was an unexpected Christmas gift come early. Before I picked it up I ordered my first Blu ray disk from Amazon. More about that in my next post.



No comments: