Friday, May 08, 2020

I Spit On Your Grave 3: Vengeance is mine (2015)

This film is the third instalment of a remake from the first film of the same name made originally in 1978, which I confess I haven't seen. I don't enjoy watching rape and revenge films and only sat through this because it was a horror channel film. The acting is not bad, Sarah butler is quite good, but the plot is pretty dreadful. The victim Jennifer Hills from the first films is living under a different name and working in an office job. She is attending group counselling evening classes for victims of assault. She makes friends with another woman there called Marla and they bond over their hatred of males.
Led by Marla, the two follow the abusive father of one of the teenage girls attending the group and attack him to scare him off from raping the teenager. Marla is later killed, the suspect is her abusive ex-boyfriend. Frustrated that the prosecution failed to find him guilty our main character Jennifer lures, attacks and kills him herself. In the counselling group she learns that the abusive father is abusing again and she lures him also. She hammers a metal pipe up his arse, killing him. Throughout the film she has daydreams of murdering people, we see these visualised for the pleasure of the gore.
The film has quite a strange ending in my opinion but I won't spoil it here. I think you probably know what you're in for if you watch this film and while not terrible, I don't think it is very recommendable.


No comments: