Sunday, May 31, 2020

Seed of Chucky (2004)

This is the fifth film in the Child's Play franchise and the first (I think) that I've watched all the way through. The main character of this film is the offspring of Chucky and Tiffany. Their  "child" is called Glen/Glenda and the real gender is not really identified in the film. This is supposed to be comedy horror and their are a few laughs but they're not very funny. It's a better film than I was expecting but my expectations were very low to begin with. The plot is poor and since the main characters are dolls their expressions don't really change much. Some of the acting is pretty dire but that is part of the black humour. Good comedy horror should be scary and funny. This just doesn't pass either bar so I couldn't recommend it, those who've watched and enjoyed other films in the franchise will probably love it.


No comments: