Saturday, November 11, 2006

Classic Rock Of The Month

I thought I'd introduce a new regular monthly feature where I link to a video of a classic track. I enjoy rock classics as much as the next man, so why not share some of my personal favourites with you? This month's featured artists is Jethro Tull. When I was but a boy I came across Jethro Tull's album Stand Up in my father's record collection, it was a gatefold sleeve and the members of the band actually did stand up as you opened it. I thought that Ian Anderson was Jethro Tull, being vaguely aware that there was actually someone called Jethro Tull from history at school. I later learned the truth but apparently the label of their first single read "Jethro Toe"! Through five decades now, the Tull have been rocking the world and that deserves a lot of credit. So, Tull I salute you and to celebrate you are my first classic rock of the month.


2 comments:

Arthur Clewley said...

It's been a while since I heard any of their stuff but I did buy some Jethro Tull salmon this year from the smokery up near Grantown. They were great weren't they

FW said...

I've been singing Living In The Past all day today for some reason, can't seem to get the song out of my head. It's not my favourite of theirs either!