Friday, November 17, 2006

Tattoo

No, I'm not thinking of getting a tatt - the permanence scares me and I'm just too changeable in my tastes. The fact is that some people are repulsed by tattoos, I'm not their biggest fan but I'm not repulsed by them, although I can be repulsed by anything truly shocking. I've heard a lot of comments on tattoos from the sceptics but I don't hear many positive things said by people who have them. From my experience, I think tattoos are much more common in young women now than 20 years ago. Of course, I might just be being fooled by better fake tattoos. There must be a reason for the increased popularity?

5 comments:

Tara said...

I can easily do the temporary tattoos, and I've thought about permanent tattoos, but I don't know where I had get one. Maybe my ankle or one of my shoulder's but I can't see one on my arm or back or neck. Ouch.

FW said...

I think tattoos on women can look really feminine and beautiful. I'm not brave enough to get one myself, the thought of pain puts me off.

laura b. said...

I sort of like the idea of a tattoo..I have seen some very striking ones. But I really can't think of anything so special that I want it permanently embedded in my skin. I would want it to really mean something.

FW said...

They don't age very well, that's certainly true.

FW said...

L.B. : Yeah the choice of what image is a difficult one. I have seen some bizarre joke-like ones where I've thought "what's the point of having that permanently on your skin?"