Monday, November 20, 2006

Introspection

Well I haven't really done a lot since my last post except work a lot and look after my family. It's been a busy weekend but without me really doing anything, if that makes any sense. I have the first few episodes of season one of Mutant X to watch, never seen that before so I'm looking forward to it. I bought Kasabian's CD Empire at the weekend after really enjoying their performance of Shoot The Runner on a music show called Jools Holland's Later a couple of weeks ago. I picked up a copy of Final Fantasy IX for Playstation for one quid on Saturday from a charity shop. I did some more work on organising my music collection but that's a big job and one I'm only chiselling at.
We bought our kids a digital camera each with the intention that each week we'll give them a project to help them with photo composition. This week we started on lights, photographing all sorts of lights. I'll have to create a photo collage of the shots, there were some really good ones. We got two 3MP cameras, two 256MB SD cards (that's about 300 pics each camera) and they came with pouches and batteries. The kids love them, we got a silver and blue one. It was a bit of an impulse buy but already we have some great photos and they'll hopefully last a while too. We don't have a small pocket camera since our died a few months back, so this way we get to use the kids cameras when we need one! I love that idea I heard of once, when someone was getting married they bought disposable cameras and put them out on the reception tables for guests to use as they partied. The couple got some really great informal shots of their wedding when they had them developed. At my own wedding the best photos were from a friend who just took snaps from interesting angles and close-ups of happy faces.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, Eric just gave me Kasabian's CD and I'm really enjoying it. What did you think of it?

And thanks for your birthday wishes! :)

FW said...

To be honest with you, I've been so busy this wek I haven't had time to give it a listen! But I really like what I've heard from the radio so far.

FW said...

Thanks, I always enjoy doing nothing!