Friday, November 03, 2006

Cold

I was knocked sideways with a right hook last Saturday by a cold and I have only just shakily got my balance back. I'm usually affected more during the evenings but the first part of this week, I seemed to have a constant headache and on Monday I also had muscle aches in my back. Today though, I have a bit more energy and although I'm sneezing and blowing my nose I am feeling a bit better. So now, I feel I can continue to fight and start punching back.
Today, for lunch I had a New York Deli sandwich which consisted of pastrami with mustard dressing, gherkins, sauerkraut, gruyere and emmental cheese on rye and caraway seed bread. It was a complex combination of flavours that sort of overwhelmed my tastebuds at first. It left my mouth trying to decipher the code of what I was eating, undecided whether I actually liked it or not. I'm still in that particular quandary actually.
Jack Frost has been about this week, leaving his sheet of white on the blades of grass and windscreens of cars in the mornings. The mornings have been nice and sunny and bright though - which I like. A nice sunny morning encourages me to find a sense of hope, I don't know why it just does.
I'm off now to check if we won any money on the Euro Lottery, the kackpot is apparently 88 million pounds - now that would come in handy!

***

It begs the question, what would do with 88 million?

I'd give up work
See that my parents do whatever they want to, in comfort and luxury
Buy my children a wonderful education
Start my own business (which would probably operate at a loss, as I'm no business head)
Buy a mansion
Buy expensive clothes, gadgets and luxuries
Go on holiday for the rest of my life
Give to my favourite charities

Clearly, it needs serious thought - what would you do?

***

Surprise surprise, I didn't win :-(

5 comments:

FW said...

There's always next week - wonder how much the jackpot will be then?

Tara said...

With 88 million? Wow...what would I do...

I'd quit my job, but find a better job for part-time so that I'm not going stir crazy in the tropics.

Travel to England...I'd take my mom, she would go to antique shows and flea markets (with enough money to burn of course), and I would visit everyone I know in the UK. Then I'd go to Ireland and Scotland and then fly over to Australia.

Oh and I'd buy a small house in a warmer climate and an emerald green Jeep. And my cat would be more spoiled than ever before. :D

Tara said...

Oh and I hope you're feeling much better now!

FW said...

Tara: Hope you make it to England, you're welcome to visit me!

Feeling better than I was, thx.

Anonymous said...

88 million pounds is $167.7192 million dollars! Let's roll...

Houses for family. That would mean separate ones for Mom and Dad, and the brother. That's like $10 dollars right there, right?

Houses for meee. One in Greenwich, Connecticut. There goes 20. One in London - but just a small one. And a southern mansion in Georgia - minus the slaves.

I'd build my own network of radio stations, of which I'd pump my favorite music to the masses. They would all get massive ratings, and then I'd make the $167 million dollars all over again. :)

And then I'd give you some, too. I mean, without you, I never would have ever played the Euro Lottery in the first place. :)