Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Week So Far

Yes indeed, I've been pretty busy and on the go for much of this week. Several long journeys have worn me out a little bit. I hope to recover now and over the weekend though. Life has thrown a couple of things at us this week, nothing too major, so we've managed to get along and I should be sorting my car, which was one of the things, out tomorrow hopefully.
I've been fairly occupied this week with podcasting. Both in terms of listening and doing. There's a lot of stuff to learn and I've sort of steamed into it without any background knowledge - which is great in one way and not so great in another. But I like the music I've chosen and at the end of the day, that's what's important. I've been busy tonight preparing my notes for next week's show, which I think will include some great artists and songs. (Yes, the shambles that is my podcast actually does take preparation believe it or not!).
On other fronts I hear that George Bush took a battering in the US polls and Donald Rumsfeld has resigned. To be honest, I haven't really been following the news that much and this news hardly seems surprising. But the lesson for any politician is that the people will ultimately have their say.
I quite fancy seeing the new James Bond film - a thought I haven't had in a long while. I think Daniel Craig is probably going to do well, despite the criticism meted out to him when he was first announced. I've heard he's the best Bond since Sean Connery and I hope he is. The Bond franchise needs it I fear.
Music-wise, outside of podcast world, I've been quite liking the sounds of The Gossip from Portland Oregon. They are over in the UK at moment but unfortunately, I won't be able to see them. They sound bloody good though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Gossip are The Shit.

I love!

FW said...

Agreed :)