Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Carol Sing A Long



On Saturday my family and I will dress in our best clothes and head into London, to sing with other families in a great big happy Christmas carol singalong! My boy is going to be looking smart and well turned out, my wife will be her beautiful, sexy self and my daughter will be looking fabulously pretty and princessy. I shall be smart and generally try my hardest to stay at least something like in tune (and pretend that I know the words and phrasing without making too much of a fool of myself). We did this last year and it was a great family trip out, we push the boat out a bit and get a box in the gallery which has a nice space behind the seats where the children can play and dance and we can eat and drink in private. The concert is at a brilliant venue in London known as the Royal Albert Hall and was built in honour of Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert. Bob Dylan played a famous concert there in 1966, I have a recording of that performance and it's something special - for that reason alone I'm going to enjoy the concert on Saturday, just knowing that my idol once graced that stage. Here are a couple of photos of the venue.

4 comments:

AlienCG said...

Just do yourself a favor, FW, don't sing like your idol. Silent Night would never be the same if you did.

Royal Albert Hall was also the venue for Eric Clapton's, 24 Nights concerts back in the mid-90's.

laura b. said...

That sounds like a wonderful family outing! Sing out, FW :-)

Tara said...

Aww, what a great idea to do something like that!

I still laugh at the time we went to Downtown Cleveland to celebrate something relating to our baseball team (it wasn't a game, but some celebration of sorts), and every last one of us sounded out of tune and drunk when singing the national anthem. :)

Have fun!

FW said...

AlienCG: Now you've planted that seed of an idea I might just try singing like Bob Dylan for a laugh!

L.B.: Yup, I'm planning too! Thx ;-)

Tara: Karaoke Nation! Yay! I'm lovin' it, lovin' it, lovin it! LOL!