Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stuff and stuff and stuff

Finally, I got the chance to move over to the new Beta Blogger yesterday, woohoo! It took a few minutes while all three of my blogs moved over but it's all done now at last. Not sure what I do with labels for posts yet though, does anyone know what they do? Group posts into themes?

My daughter's Christmas nativity is performed tomorrow and unfortunately I can't go :-( as duty calls and I have to be somewhere else for work. My wife can go and is going to videotape it though, so at least that's something I guess. The dates this year just haven't fallen well for me as my son's carols sing song unfortunately also falls on a date when I'll be elsewhere. It's not great that dad's have to go to work during these times, we miss out on a lot. Ah well, the videotape is better than nothing I suppose.

I've seen a couple of good friends over the weekend, so that was great. I saw a few bands play at a gig on Saturday night and that was excellent. Also I had a few hours to myself on Sunday, which was great. On Saturday I managed to do a bit of Christmas shopping too. I'm feeling a bit more organised this year than I usually do. Christmas is less than 2 weeks away now, that's a scary thought! I haven't been even slightly tempted to buy a Nintendo Wii, not that I'd be able to buy one in any case - I think the stock situation is pretty bad here in the UK. It's great if all you want is a box, there are plenty of those...

6 comments:

Tara said...

We have an operations review the week before Christmas. How elfed up is that? My manager had that week off for vacation, but decided that he'd come in at least half a day to go over his part of the presentation. Otherwise, he would be a nervous wreck for the rest of his vacation. Who decides to have a huge meeting so close to Christmas? The grinch, I suppose!

I haven't been able to switch over to the new Blogger version yet. Maybe my blog is too big? They were saying that might be a problem.

FW said...

"The grinch", I love that!! Tara you are too funny sometimes, you crack me up LOL!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

what's the blogger all about? I sign in with Google now.. Is this newer Blogger better? and How?

laura b. said...

As a full time working mom I have missed an event or two in my day. It makes me feel terrible, like a bad mother. But what are working people to do?
I will take some of your "more organized than usual" please!

laura b. said...

That up there is me, l.b. All the beta blogs don't want to let me sign in under my blogger tag. But my gmail is acceptable. hm.

FW said...

Baby Bull: If you sign in with Google account I think you've probably already got the new Blogger!

L.B.: Hi, didn't recognise you for a second! Shame some things couldn't be worked out with the Beta Blogger. I think we all ought to be given special leave days for special occasions: for such as family events.