Monday, March 12, 2007

Springlike?

The weather over the last few days has been bright but cool. In the car or the house you might think it was warm and Springlike. Outdoors though it is still a little too cold to gad about in T-shirts, not that that stops some people I see. When I see folks wearing just a thin shirt in cold weather I don't know what to think:
  • don't they feel the cold?
  • are they just concerned with the fashion of how they look?
  • maybe they forgot their coat? Or it was stolen?
  • maybe they didn't realise how cold it was, or they just came out of a really hot environment?
It does puzzle me.

It's the time of year when my thoughts turn to the Eurovision Song Contest, an annual TV song competition I've loved and watched since I was a kid. The British entry hasn't been chosen yet, it's being chosen on March 17: contenders include Justin Hawkins (ex-Darkness singer), Brian Harvey (ex-East 17 singer) and Liz McClarnon (Atomic Kitten). Unless I'm mistaken it seems this year that the individual performers in the selection contest are of a higher quality overall than in recent years, I hope this is good news for a good UK position in the competition proper but you never know what's going to happen with Eurovision, that's why I love it.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I think that people are so sick of bundling up that they are willing to be a bit cold so that they can feel more freedom.

Tara said...

Well I know that when I go out without a coat, it's usually because my apartment is so hot, that my body has stored some of that heat. But aside from that, I think people are basically nuts. Not me, though, I'm completely normal. Uh huh. ;)

laura b. said...

I am one of those people that I think might get wondered about. I tend to forget a jacket if it is at all possible to do without.
Yesterday and today it was in the 90's here. Very weird for March.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Yes I think Spring is finally on it's way.. I can't wait.. warm spring days to go for walks.. with Mr. Giggles in tow..

Ryan said...

I've worn my leather jacket in extreme heat before. Have you seen my jacket? It's really sexy.

Take my word for it.

FW said...

Rachel: Yeah, I can understand that.

Tara: Yes, keep telling yourself you are completely normal, LOL!

L.B.: The weather is all screwed isn't it? What are we doing?

Babybull40: I love Spring, I prefer mild weather as opposed to hot

Ryan: I do take your word! I've always wanted to wear leather and one day I will buy a good leather coat.