Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Shocked and appalled

I just read this. I'm just so shocked and appalled at the level of mysogyny and lack of restraint some men show to women. It makes me want to stop blogging and have nothing to do with the Blogosphere, it's a salutary lesson in the dangers of blogging. I hope this explains why I don't stray into areas of my life that reveal more about me than I'm comfortable with and to regular readers: I thank you from the bottom of my heart that you continue to come back and read my thoughts, even though I'm not giving out the full details of places and names.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I'm hoping that those people are simply needing a life and that they are commenting that way to get attention. I hope they get attention from the police though. Whether they've got a sick sense of humor or they're serious, that's got to stop. Not soon, but now.

Rachel said...

This is disgusting. I cannot believe the things that people will say when they are "anonymous". No one is anonymous when everyone can be tracked by an IP address.
I received some interesting threats by Anon1 but never took them seriously. They bothered me but I wasn't afraid for my safety. I can't imagine how she feels.

FW said...

Tara: Right with you on that.

Rachel: It's just so wrong to do that to someone isn't it? I couldn't believe it when I read that. It's such a shame when a minority spoil things for others.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That is so disgusting.. and quite vile.. I couldn't read all of it.. I feel bad for this person who is being threatened to the point that they are afraid to leave their home...

laura b. said...

There are some sick people in the world and the internet, harbinger of good and evil, is yet another place to encounter them.
I think, as you say, that is why so many of us chose to remain somewhat anonymous in the blogging world. It just makes more sense.

FW said...

Absolutely agree on that.