Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday Sunday Ah Ah, Ah Ah Ah Ah

I've enjoyed quite a good weekend. Shame its almost over. On Saturday I picked up my own copy The Sims really cheap, I bought it for my wife a while back and she loves it - her Sims are certainly enjoying the high life. I picked up my copy really cheap and its just the original version but it runs alright on my old PC upstairs, which is what I wanted it for. My Sim house is very humble compared to my wife's, she does enjoy lying on the bed telling me how I should run the world though bless her.
My daughter painted a mug I've had lying around since Christmas yesterday, it was a present to me. It came with some paint and you just paint a picture on the white mug and put it in the oven for half an hour to fix the paint. I'll have to post a picture of her handywork.
Today we went as a family to see a show, a sort of comedy/pantomime show. We went last year. I was dreading it slightly because I sat on an end of aisle seat and there's part where they come into the audience with custard pies and you can guess what happened. The custard is actually shaving cream and while its funny to watch, it is a little bit uncomfortable to sit with the dampness and the smell on your clothes. Well fortunately this year I only got squirted with water! I managed to cover my son with his coat before the water hit him, he cried last year when he got wet but he's older now and even the "baddie" made him laugh out loud - especially when his wig got pulled off. Kids laughter is very infectious.
The last act of the day has been to launch the second series of my podshow, the opening episode is a special longer edition with me talking to a friend who writes songs. Great fun to do, hope you have time to check it out.

11 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I know what you mean about a child's laughter can be infectious.. Mr. Giggles was aptly named.. for that reason..The audience ought to have the chance to throw back at the players.. lol.. that would make it even more fun..

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Mr. Giggles aka TCP..

Tara said...

Oh welcome to the world of "The Sims"! I played some of that this weekend, too. I make extremely dysfunctional families with that game.

I'm glad you didn't get a shaving cream pie in the face! Getting squirted with water is still startling, but less messy. :)

laura b. said...

Sounds like a weekend well spent! You needed a couple more days at least.

FW said...

Babybull40: Yes, but they'd have to search us for water firing weapons on entering the theatre LOL!

Tara: My Bob and Betty have just acquired some cool stuff for their home but they aren't earning enough money. I'll have to work on that aspect.

L.B.: I seem to end up coming to that conclusion after every weekend, whether I've been busy or not. Maybe I need to find a part time job?

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

You can use the cheat for more money.. it helps getting started.. I think it's rosebud...It's been a long while since I played Sims..

Tara said...

I have a cheat code you can use so that you can give your sims more money.

FW said...

Babybull40 and Tara: Give me that code right now! LOL!

Caatje: It is done...enjoy

Tara said...

Okay, here it is: While playing the game, press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + C to display a prompt box in the upper left corner of the screen. Then type in "Rosebud" and a series of alternating semicolons and exclamation points (the more you enter, the more money they get) ";!;!;!;!" then hit "Enter". The money should be added immediately.
(Rosebud ;!;!;!;!;!;!;!)

Tara said...

Oh and if "Rosebud" doesn't work, try the word "klapaucius". I think it depends on if you have added an expansion pack.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That what I was going to say.. tara beat me to the punch.. lol.. good luck with the game and the cheat..