Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What colour is yours?


My wife's anniversary present for me this year was a Ninentendo DS Lite, a truly wonderful present. It came with the game Bomberman, which is one of those maddening addictive games that transcends generations. I've never played the game before but I love it. The DS Lite makes my existing Game Boy Advance games look great too, the backlit screen is such a massive improvement over my old unlit screen. So I now have my first new game console since I bought my PS2 at the beginning of 2005. I was looking at the PSP and considering it but I'm so glad I went with the DS Lite, there are so many really good GBA games that I can play on it. Backwards compatibility was something I went for on my PS2. Over time, you grow out of the older games and move on and the double screen, touch screen, microphone input and wifi mean that the DS is going to be a console I keep well into the future. My wife and I are already discussing buying the baby pink version for my daughter for her birthday: the really fun part is called Pictochat where you can chat with friends by both typing and drawing pictures and sending them to each other. Also, you can play games wirelessly with friends - Bomberman allows up to 8 people to play with just one game cartridge! A terrific gift. Now I have to match it, which won't be easy.

5 comments:

Tara said...

One of my friend's kids has a white one and the last time I saw him, he was playing NintenDogs on it.

I just want a Nintendo Wii. Course I'd never leave my home if I had that. :D

Rachel said...

I haven't ever played it. D has a GBA SP and PS2 and Game Cube and an N64.
It is going to be a while before he gets any more systems.

FW said...

Tara: I think my daughter would love Nintendogs - she loves puppies. The Wii looks like really good fun but I wonder how long-lasting it will be: time will tell as I'm in no rush to go out and buy one.

Rachel: The GBA SP was a model I never owned, my DS Lite makes up for that though. I like the fact that its not so costly as those new big systems. The PS3 is just sooo much money AND you need a HD TV to really make the most of it. We don't have that kind of money to put into something like that.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Happy Anniversary.. to you both...

laura b. said...

Happy Aniversary Mr. & Mrs. Furtive Wangler!
What a great gift :-)