Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dream dream dream

I had an anxiety dream last night. I was asked to give a presentation using PowerPoint. It’s something I’ve done a lot of in my career. But this time I couldn’t find the file on my computer. I was looking in all the usual places but just couldn’t find it.

The people in the audience wanted to get up for a comfort break but I refused to let them take a break, saying that my presentation was about to start – I even rapped on the table with a paperweight to get their attention. But instead of starting I carried on looking at Windows Explorer sifting through my folders and subfolders to no avail.

I think I had this dream because we have a new filing system at work I find confusing and I had to write some notes up for my boss, who was giving a presentation. It just shows that you can’t always leave work when you leave work, if you see what I mean.

3 comments:

Tara said...

When I tell people at work that I had a dream about work, they give me this look like it's totally unheard of.

A new filing system can be stressful, and so can the idea of presenting in front of a group.

FW said...

Tara: I dream a lot about work. Damn shame as I'm there too often in reality as well.

laura b. said...

That dream seems really clear to me, unlike so many others. There is something sort of comforting about that. You are worried about work and you actually dream about work!