Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Back to back

Last Friday I tried to get up and out of bed but I was in a lot of pain. It was my back. I couldn’t stand without terrible pain. I called in a favour and got a friend to take the children to school. I managed to speak to my doctor and get some painkillers, she gave me some exercises too.

I’ve found the exercises help and today stopped taking the tablets, I’m still stiff and the pain continues but nothing as intense as before. I’ll just have to see how it goes. I’ve been told back pain can affect anyone at any time. I haven’t suffered anything like this before. I have felt twinges since the summer but I’ve just put them down to the way I’ve been sleeping or something. They have usually gone away until this week.

It does make me feel very vulnerable, having my mobility just taken away so suddenly like that. I’m just glad it is returning now. I’ll have to keep the exercises up and I may look into a chiropractor or Yoga.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, FW. I have had a couple of friends with terrible back pain and I know how debilitating it can be. I really hope you feel better soon.

FW said...

LB: Thanks, debilitating is a good word. I haven't gone travelling for work this week, which I think has helped. I am feeling some trepidation about going back to a normal routine though next week.