Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Long Slog

Just at the moment, there is a long slog going on in my life. It is the long slog until Christmas. A slog of work and cooking, shopping and cleaning up after the children. Don’t get me wrong, there are breaks and I am grateful for them. But I do feel it’s a bit of a slog because I only get so much holiday a year and in the need to conserve it for taking at Christmas, I have to work several months without a break. My back is playing up and it is contributing to a feeling of inertia, with work and other things getting on top of me. I just have to carry the burden and slog through it all. The weather is going to get colder, nights darker quicker and the mornings will seem earlier and earlier. My, I’m a cheery soul this evening aren’t I?

3 comments:

Tara said...

I don't like that the days are getting shorter and colder, although the cooler weather makes for better sleeping weather.

I'm sorry to hear about your back!

The thing that's driving me now is that next month is Thanksgiving and I have that whole week off. Hopefully everyone will be healthy this time around, including my cat. I want a worry-free vacation this time.

laura b. said...

I know that slogging feeling well. My work load and just life in general moves on this track that seems so unchanging sometimes. Like you, I try not to let it get me down...does help to talk about and see others are in the same boat.

FW said...

Tara: I am slightly envious that the US has Thanksgiving, it's good to look forward to something. That tradition has a great name too, I used to think it was what Americans called Christmas, I know better now though.
LB: It does, thanks pal.